LightWork was launched in October 2015. As the app grows and new features are added, this page will contain information about what has been added in the latest version. For LightWork Training Videos, visit here.
LightWork Commercial 1.9.16 is now available for customers. Version 1.9.16 (19/12/2020):
– Fixed scaling problem when clicking save multiple times in space drawing
– Clean up old drawings from hitting save multiple times
– Added updated time back into Restore Job from Cloud
– Minor bug fixes
LightWork Solar 1.3.0 is now available to customers. Version 1.3.0 (19/12/2020):
– Removed the wizard ‘stepper’ and replaced it with a Master/ Detail view to allow users to navigate jobs more effectively
– Redesigned the validation and submission screens
– Fixed deeming period to maximum for the project year of install
– Redesigned several UI elements
LightWork Residential Android – Version 2.3.7 is available through the play store Released 17 November 2020.
LightWork Residential Web – Version 1.2.3 has also been deployed. Please do a Shift-Refresh if you don’t see 1.2.3 at the bottom of the main screen.
LightWork Commercial Lighting – Version 1.9.15 Released 26 October 2020:
– Restore Job crash fix. Restore job now searches jobs in the cloud rather than downloading your entire job list, making search much faster and more stable
– Restore Job search by Job Id, Client Name or Site Name
– Copied jobs now contain a copy of all photos from the original job
– Copied jobs can be deleted without affecting the original job
– Fixed VEU Assignment Form electrician details appearing in the wrong order on PDF forms
LightWork Residential – Version 2.3.6 Released 22 October 2020:
– Users can now assign jobs to other staff (E.g. Admin staff can assign a job to an Installer to see on their device).
– Fixed bug in 21A where VEU have changed the efficacy and rated hrs columns in the register
– Fixed year / month crash in customer details
– Added E13 for NSW (HEER)
– Lumen validation/restriction has been removed when adding tech to a Space
The Web portal will be updated with the same assign installer/user functionality once this release goes live.
If you have any queries or concerns, please contact Brad and Celine for information on this latest release.
LightWork Commercial Lighting – Version 1.9.14 Released 25 September 2020:
– Fixed Quote Tool Company Logo upload bug
– Fixed duplication of Evidence bug. Jobs with multiple evidence items will merge duplicates together into single items on the next click into the evidence section
– Fixed differing job progress across devices (related to duplicate evidence)
– Fixed crash when editing MH / MV lamps in upgrade / after technologies
– Fixed crash in Job List affecting some devices with a large number of jobs
LightWork Residential – Version 18.104.22.168 Released 25 September 2020:
LightWork Solar – Version 22.214.171.124 Released 22 September 2020:
LightWork Residential Version 2.3.5 – Released 17 September 2020
Version 1.9.13 – Released 19 August 2020
– Fixed postcode disappearing bug
– Fixed attach files bug
– Fixed energy savings bug on regional jobs
– Minimum Android Version is now Android 5.0 (Lollipop)
Important: Any user on Android KitKat 4.4 and below will need to upgrade their tablet / phone. Our cloud services no longer support Android 4.4 due to security vulnerabilities and cryptography certificates expiring. These old versions have not been maintained for 6 years.
Version 1.9.12 – Released 31 July 2020
– Fixed issues in the Job status / validation page. Progress indicator aligns with the items listed, and speed improvements.
– Uncapped 900 GJ for SA (REES) jobs.
– Fixed a bug in quote tool for control system selection.
– Minor improvements to the job data.
LightWork Version 1.9.9 Released – 11 May 2020
– Fixed crash when saving RCPs on Samsung devices running Android Oreo (8.0) and higher
– Changed the way in which RCPs are saved in the background
LightWork Solar Web 1.1.7 Released – 27 May 2020
LightWork Solar Version 1.1.1 Released – 27 May 2020
– Fixed installation date crash.
– Removed stripe payment dialog.
– Fixed contractor and signature issues on Step 5.
– Updated crash reporting back end.
LightWork Version 1.9.8 Released – 6 May 2020
– You can now swipe left and right through photos when viewing them full screen.
– Minor fixes in the photo lists across the app.
LightWork Version 1.9.7 Released – 24 April 2020
– Native support for Android 10
– Space Type and IPD value updates in NSW (ESS) and SA (REES) schemes effective from 1 May 2020
Note: Space Types and IPD values are based on the Activity / Implementation date set on the Job Info page. Please check the space types are correct prior to submitting your jobs as they may change if you modify the activity / implementation date during the job.
LightWork Job Downloader Version 10.9.1 Released – 09 April 2020
LightWork Version 2.3.1 Released – 09 April 2020
– Added two new showerheads for SA (REES) Activities
– Removed older lights no longer used in SA (REES) Activities
LightWork Version 1.9.6 Released – 30 March 2020
IPART ESS 30 March 2020 Update for NSW and SA (REES) includes
– Evidence Pack 1 – 4 forms updated
– Commercial Lighting Fact sheet updated
– Space types and asset lifetimes updated
– CLCT 7.3 added
LightWork Job Downloader v10.9.0 has been released – 30 March 2020
Please use this one on your local machines.
Note: This update requires OpenJDK Java 8 (x64) or Java 11 (x64) installed to run.
LightWork 2.3.0 released to play store (15/03/2020)
– NSW HEER Scheme is now available!
– Capture all evidence requirements for NSW HEER Jobs
– Auto-fill all required paperwork
– Built in tech register lists all your approved lighting tech
– Download all paperwork through our online portal
– Produce a calculation summary (similar to CLCT in LightWork Commercial)
– ESS Update for 30th March 2020
LightWork 1.9.3 released to the play store (15/10/19):
– App links. Open residential and solar direct from LightWork
– Several back end enhancements for stability
– Fixed missing signatures when transferring jobs between devices
– Fixed IPD calculations (stage 2) appearing in the lux level report
– Fixed several crashes
LightWork Solar 1.0.5 has been released to the beta channel in the play store.
Version 1.0.5 (14/10/19):
LightWork Residential – Major Release v2.2.0 – 8/10/2019:
– LightWork Residential now supports VIC Activities 21A and 21B for Residential and Business
– Fully automated Activity report generation and evidence capture
– Unlimited number of areas in the same job
– App auto selects between 21A/B based on the tech being removed
– New auto updating tech register (VIC Only)
– New Company wide and user permissions to let LWR fit in with your organization structure
Note: Users may not see some jobs created this week until they update their app. Some Jobs may not be visible until we assign them to Demand Manager. If there are any issues please let me know.
Accompanying this release is a new web portal:
LightWork Version 1.9.1 – Released 08 July 2019
– VEEC Assignment Form 1.2 (1 July 2019) implemented.
– Fixed display issues for Android KitKat (4.4) users
– Fixed Built-in Control systems checkbox not appearing
– Fixed Asset lifetimes not appearing in Pre 10 Dec Forms.
LightWork Version 1.9.0 – Released 4 June 2019
LightWork Version 1.8.3 Released 13 May 2019.
The major change is that LightWork now uses new server infrastructure. All jobs should be submitted / saved to cloud using this version of the app as the previous version (126.96.36.199 and previous) will cease to provide cloud access as of the 15th of May 2019.
– Changed the server address that LightWork cloud services uses.
– All future work should be done and uploaded using this version of LightWork as previous versions will be unsupported as of 15/05/2019
Residential Activities – Version 2.1.0 Released 05 April 2019
We have just released a new app for Residential Activities. This new feature allows Installers / Assessors to conduct REES Residential Activities.
– Collect required information for each activity
– Multiple activities can be conducted at the same site
– Collect geo-tagged photographic evidence to support the claim
– Customer and Installer compliance sign-off
– Bug fixes for Residential Audits
– Formatting changes on the Audit Reports
We expect coverage to shortly cover VEEC and ESC residential activities.
Version 1.8.2 – 19 February 2019
Version 188.8.131.52 – 31 January 2019
Thanks to the APs/ACPs using LightWork for bringing these bugs to our attention. Apologies they were introduced with the previous upgrade to better support Android 8.0 and 9.0 (Oreo and Pie) devices.
LightWork Version 1.8.1 – Released 17 January 2019
– Job List split into incomplete / complete to make finding current jobs easier
– Fixed bugs in Job List Sort and Search
– Spaces now auto save in the background. You may notice a notification (LightWork light bulb) appear while save is occurring
– Fixed crash when opening the camera from the Space Drawing section
– App built using Android Pie (9.0) for stability and security improvements
– Minor Bug fixes
The Job list has been separated into completed and incomplete. Completed will contain Submitted Jobs, Jobs being Processed by the ACP/AP and those marked as Completed by the ACP. Incomplete will contain ‘To be Submitted’ Jobs and jobs that have been returned to the user for an RFI (Request for Information). Sorting and searching is performed on both lists.
Space Saving in the background
A lot of work has gone into allowing Space Drawings to be saved in the background while the user goes into another space, leaves the app, gets a call or simply turns off the display. This removes the block that made users wait for the save to complete before moving away from the drawing.
Note: Auto saving means any changes the user performs will be automatically applied to the drawing / RCP images if they move away from the screen. We feel that this is the preferred approach than losing work because the user forgets to hit save, or the app crashes in the background on newer tablets.
LightWork Version 1.8.0 – Released 13 December 2018
VIC VEU 10 Dec Update:
Changing Activity Date on an existing Job / Quote
The following will have to be updated to recalculate the certificate numbers and complete the job:
Issues relating to VEEC Update
LightWork Version 1.7.1 – Released 13 November 2018
1 November 2018 Rule changes:
LightWork Version 1.7.0 – Released 18 September 2018
Any photo within LightWork can be moved by long pressing the image (touch the image and hold). Select ‘Move Image’. You will be prompted where you would like to move the image. Choose between Evidence, Before / After Technology or Space Photos. Each Item will have a sub category where appropriate. E.g. ‘Ballast Photos’ for a lamp having a ballast, or ‘AC Photos’ for a space with AC selected. Note, photos can only be moved within a Job and not between Jobs.
Along with this change, the Before and After Tech in the Space drawing has changed slightly and will no longer ask ‘Do you wish to move photos to others’. Instead the same long press applies and you can move photos anywhere. The After tech will still ask if you wish to move photos if you change, e.g., e a ballast or wattage.
Photos can be deleted by users at any time. We have received several requests to retrieve deleted photos so we have implemented an archiving feature. Deleted photos will be archived and can be retrieved with the assistance of your AP/ACP.
Space Technology Wattage
We have received several requests for technology photos to be grouped by wattage so their photos can be clearly identified (e.g. T8 36W vs T8 60W). Each Non-ELT Technology (Before and After Tech) now has the wattage associated with it. You will now see Space technology photos divided by Lamp Type, ballast Type and Wattage for Non-ELT and Brand, Model number and wattage for ELTs. For existing Jobs you may see duplicate technologies appear, or photos may appear missing in the space drawings section of the app. Please go into each technology type and move the photos to the appropriate Lamp and Ballast position. For example:
A user has an existing Job with T8 – B1 36 W bulbs and T8 – B1 60 W bulbs. In the past all photos would be under the T8 – B1 category. Now the user sees the following:
T8 – B1
T8 – B1 – 36 W
T8 – B1 – 60 W
The user will move photos from T8-B1 to T8 – B1 36 W, and those related to the 60W bulbs into the T8 – B1 – 60 W tech. Once this operation is performed, the original T8 – B1 will disappear, all errors will disappear, and the user can submit the job.
LightWork Version 1.6.12 – Released 20 August 18
ESS Rule Changes
Please refer to previous emails for specifics on the rule changes. Briefly, the changes involve caps for Metal Halide and Mercury Vapour Wattages that can be claimed (400 W / 450 W dependant on the selected ballast), and a new Building / Space Group to determine the Asset Lifetime that can be claimed. This new Asset Lifetime is based on Space Type, BCA Class and region (postcode).
LightWork has been upgraded to use the new Building / Space Group for all Quotes and Jobs with an Activity Date of 1 Nov 2018 and later.
Note: At present the CLCT has not been released with these changes, so any certificate calculations for post 1 Nov 2018 jobs may be subject to change.
At present these changes also apply to the SA REES Scheme. This may be subject to change between now and 1 Nov 2018.
We are aware of a crash affecting some users when taking photos in the Space Drawing section of the app. While we attend to this issue, please avoid taking photos in this section and use the Evidence Screen on the main Job page. We have seen a large number of crashes when users are submitting jobs, saving to the cloud, or loading from the cloud. This typically occurs when users navigate to another job or out of LightWork while the upload / download takes place. Please be patient and wait for the process to complete (especially submissions). Our developers are investigating ways to improve the submission process so this wait time can be reduced or eliminated.
LightWork – Version 1.6.11 has been released – 6 August 2018
Light Reading Details Specifics
We are now attaching the light meter settings to the job. As many of our clients have multiple parties and light meters, these details were changing as the job was sent from person to person. To keep the light meter details consistent across the job we have added a new section under Job Details for you to input the details of the light meter used on a particular Job. You can copy your light meter details across into a job by pressing the ‘Copy From Settings’ button in the Light Meter Details portion of the Job, new Jobs will automatically copy the light meter details of the user who created it.
Some users used obscure date formats when entering the calibration date, e.g., dd.mm.yy which makes it difficult for the app to interpret. We have standardised the date formats across the app. As a result, some calibration date may change, e.g., 01/03/14 may now be read as 01/03/0014. Please double check your meter(s) calibration date(s).
Please note that the calibration date is a mandatory field and must be no older than 12 months prior to the Implementation / Activity Date so all existing jobs will need to be updated prior to submission.
LightWork Job Downloader 10.6 has been released – 20 July 2018
Note: 64-bit Java is required to use this version. If the app stalls generating the CLCT or BUT, please make sure you are running Java 64-bit.
Duplicate RCPs are now ignored and only the latest ones will be downloaded.
Note: Please be careful when downloading to an existing directory. Since the file structure has changed, the old ‘Images’ folder with all the previous downloaded files will be retained. We suggest downloading to a fresh folder to avoid any confusion.
LightWork Residential 1.0.9 has been released to the play store.
– Photos taken in the app are now geo-tagged and date stamped. The same rules from LW regarding location updates apply to LWR.
– A client copy and the original audit report are generated ready for mail out / email
– Added better crash reporting
– Minor bug fixes
Version 184.108.40.206 – Released 15 June 18
Version 1.6.9 – Released 28 May 18
We realised a pain point for APs/ACPs in processing Jobs through LightWork is the ability for clients to make changes to a job after it has been submitted and the lack of notification to the AP/ACP that the Job has changed. We have also seen the number of submission cycles between a client and AP/ACP increasingly being between 5 and 10 and in some cases closer to 15. As a first step to combat this issue we feel that its best to give the AP/ACP the ability to control the Job unlocking as well as informing users of the current state of their jobs. We hope that users will adjust to the new style of processing Jobs and error free jobs will be seen with fewer submission cycles.
New Job States:
Job in progress: This project is still in progress and has not yet been submitted to an ACP / AP for paperwork review.
Submitted: You feel that this job is now complete and have submitted it to your AP / ACP of choice who has been notified this project is ready for its initial compliance review.
Processing: Your AP / ACP of choice has picked up this project and it is currently under paperwork review. From here the project will move to Request For Information (RFI) if changes are needed or if deemed all correct it will move to Quality Check (QC) where the paperwork will be reviewed by a second person to be sure nothing was inadvertently missed.
Request for Information (RFI): During the ACP / AP review process for this project something has been noticed and requires additional attention from you. Please respond to the comments and questions from your AP / ACP on this project and make the appropriate amendments.
The Job status will be updated when a user clicks on the job in the job list when there is an active internet connection. Alternatively you can press on the status icon to refresh the status at any time. The Information icon in the top right of the status will display a description of the current status.
Jobs are only editable (unlocked) when they have not been submitted (Job in progress), or have been returned to the customer in the RFI state.
Version 1.6.5 – Released 6 February 2018
Version 1.6.4 – Released 9 December 2017
Light Readings Capture:
Version 220.127.116.11 – Released 13 November 2017
Version 1.6.3 – Released 30 October 2017
Version 1.6.2 – Released 16 October 2017
Quote to Job
Version 1.6.1 – Released 8 September 2017
Changes in this version:
Version 1.6.1 – Released 8 September 2017
Changes in this version:
Version 1.6 – Released 20 July 2017
Version 1.5.1 – Released 14 July 2017
We have made a number of adjustments and bug fixes based on the feedback we have been receiving so thank you for your thoughts and for pointing out any bugs you come across.
– Fixed out of Memory crash in site plan capture tool.
– SA REES Activity Report Updated.
– Installer Contractor Licence Number added for SA (REES).
– Moved Job Summary section to a screen inside the Job to speed up viewing jobs.
– Fixed crashes when viewing Job Summary and Job Status pages.
– Updates to calculations of LCP Low Power mode.
– Minor fixes to quote tool calculations.
– Fixed several crashes through the app.
Version 1.5.0 – Released 1 June 2017
How to use the new Site Plan Mark-up feature:
Turning off snap to grid for site plans allows tech to be placed easier as the grid lines may not align with the plan as required.
Note: Any Site plans attached to a space will NOT be visible on a device running prior versions of LightWork.
Some issue we are working on: The tool bar hides the left side of the site plan for very large plans. Some tablets may have a scaling issue with site plans. Quote tool is coming shortly.
Version 1.4.2 – Released 27 April 2017
Version 1.4.1 – Released 20 March 2017
Version 1.4.0 – Released 7 March 2017
Retailer / Installer details changes:
Version 1.3 – Released 16 January 2017
This update involves many changes to the job screens as detailed below.
Main Job Screen
Tabs have been removed along the top and a menu down the side. This allows us to introduce some new and exciting features in the future.
Job Details – Screen is now divided into sections and each section will show a green tick when completed.
Space List – new look space list. Spaces can be copied and deleted in bulk by selecting “Edit Spaces”.
Job Status – data validation has been moved to the front of the job to clearly display what information is required to submit a job.
Job Feedback – this feature has been retired in favour of the existing comments screen.
Job Tasks – this screen has been retired. Save, Load, export as excel have all been moved to the top right menu on the Job Summary page.
The following features will be coming soon:
If you have any questions or issues, please contact the team to discuss.
Version 1.2.1 – Released 7 December 2016
Version 1.2 – Released 14 November 2016
– New main screen layout.
– New news marquee along the bottom of the main screen.
– New Trading Desk showing the latest 50 trades of environmental certificates in the market.
– Hide/Show broker prices has been moved to General Settings.
– New warning message for future updates.
– Photos will no longer save without location data. Please ensure Location services is turned on and set to high accuracy in device settings when using Lightwork.
– Minor Bug fixes.
Watch out for the following functionality Coming Soon:
As always, contact a member of the team if you have any suggestions, comments or issues.
Version 1.1.2 – Released 11 October 2016
Stay tuned for a major update coming in the next few weeks.
Version 1.1 – Released 14 September 2016
IMPORTANT: All users need to ensure they have updated to 1.1 (including chrome version) as some changes to the cloud infrastructure mean that old apps will not be able to access new jobs created with version 1.1 of the app.
Contact Demand Manager if you require further a explanation of the changes.
Version 1.0.3 Released 12 July 2016
Version 1.0.1 Released 16 June 2016
Minor Update for user experience and functionality:
Version 1.0.0 LIGHTWORK Released 18 May 2016
Major update to the app released to the play store. Demand Manager is proud to be releasing v 1.0.0 of the LIGHTWORK App to the App store. Thank you to all of our beta testers who gave valuable feedback and reported crashes.
- Rebranding of the App to LIGHTWORK.
- A new Certificate Quote Tool is now available from the main screen.
- The tool allows the calculation of the total certificates for NSW and VIC jobs (ESCs and VEECs respectively), and energy savings (GJ) for SA.
- Co-payment calculation is available for NSW ESC quotes.
- Regional factors for NSW and VIC have been included in the calculations.
- Assignment of Rights form for VEEC now allows Electricians to sign in place of the CoES.
- Unknown Ballast types are now available for all jobs.
- Fix for the number of lux readings required for a particular space.
- Minor bug fixes.
Version 0.22.2 Released 22 April 2016
Existing jobs will be unaffected by the changes. New NSW jobs will use the forms post April 15. The decommissioning evidence will come into effect automatically on the 15th May.
VIC will not see a change until 15 May for a new Assignment of Rights form.
Version 0.22.1 Released 8 April 2016
– Job list can now be sorted and searched.
– Restore Job from cloud can be searched.
– Minor changes to VEEC Assignment of Rights Form.
Version 0.22 – Released 23 March 2016
New help screen
– A help screen for all the new drawing functionality will display the first time you open a space. You can hide the screen by selection “Don’t show this dialog again”. It can be accessed again at any time through the menu icon (three dots in the top right corner).
Pan and Zoom
– Two finger pinch for zoom and swipe for translate has been added. Drawings can now be 4x the size of the originals (Approx. A3 when printed).
– Some drawings may seem to disappear. Try zooming out or hitting the fit to screen button for the drawing to reappear.
– Existing drawings are located in the top left corner of the canvas. A new drawing view will start in the middle of the canvas, allowing you to draw expand in any direction.
– There are three manual buttons (zoom in and out) to allow zoom and pan (the hand icon) for those unfamiliar with the pinch and two finger swipe as well as for chrome users to use.
– Fit to screen (Magnifier with the square in it): This will zoom out or in, displaying the entire drawing on the screen.
– Origin button will return the screen to the middle of the drawing canvas.
– North pointer button. Some drawings may have missing North pointers, click this button to locate, or return the North pointer to the origin.
– Control Equipment grouping – when lights and their associated control needs grouping together. Only visible on the tech drawing.
– Fire Stairs – template for typical fire stairs. It can be rotated to change the stair orientation.
– Lift – A lift icon is now available to aid users identifying a lift as a landmark.
– Freehand wall tool – You can now draw complex walls using the freehand tool. Select the tool and touch and drag where you want to place a curve. The tool will generate a smooth curve following your finger.
South Australian REES
– The South Australian Retailer Energy Efficiency Scheme (REES) has been implemented in the app.
– All forms relating to the scheme have been implemented.
– A SA Technology List has been implemented combining Victorian and NSW technologies according to the scheme.
Latest Broker Price
The latest ESC and VEEC prices are displayed on the home page of the app. These are updated each time the app is opened, or can be manually refreshed using the refresh button to the side of the list. Note these prices are based only on trades reported by brokers, so may not include all trades occurring in the market.
Demand Manager helps organisations to realise energy and water savings by bringing finance to clean energy projects.
Suite 5, Level 6,
PO Box Q1251 QVB Post Office NSW 1230
Phone: +61 2 9279 4704
Fax: +61 2 8076 7460