Following a decision by the Scheme Administrator, the record keeping requirements for commercial lighting activities in the ESS are changing. Accredited Certificate Providers are required to keep records in the new format for all lighting upgrades implemented on or after 1 January 2014.
The minimum documentation requirements are now clearly outlined in a Document Pack Guide. Demand Manager strongly recommends its customers to familiarise themselves with these requirements to avoid delays in processing times for future projects.
Some of the main changes are:
- Instead of using an ACP specific Nomination Form a standard Documentation Pack will be used. This Pack consists of a number of sections which are to be completed by the relevant parties involved (e.g. End User, ACP, installer, retailer etc.). Demand Manager is in the process of preparing the required templates on its own letterhead. As soon as this exercise is completed we will send them through to our customers.
- Photographs are to show the date when a photo was taken. It is also a requirement to take a photo of air-conditioning systems where relevant.
- Lighting plans are to show the location of each individual light or luminaire, control gear, and lighting control. This applies to original and new lighting technologies. It is anticipated that in most cases pre and post lighting technologies can be displayed on the same lighting plan.
- Lighting plans also need to show the location where lux level readings have been taken.
- Unless and asset register is available an itemised and dated disposal receipt of removed lighting technologies is to be obtained.
- Invoices are to be signed and date stamped.
- A Certificate of Compliance – Electrical Work (CCEW) is to be obtained for each upgrade that involves rewiring. The CCEW should include details of the work performed.
- End Users will need to be provided with an ESS Energy Saver Information Sheet prior to completion of a Nomination Form. The End User will have to confirm receipt of this Sheet when signing the Nomination Form.